Wednesday 10 May 2023

Do you miss me? The reader who is reading this after I have left this world?

You know, however real your moment and your experience is, mine is just as much.
I am typing this on my phone, mu phone is plugged into a charger. I am on a night call and in middle of reviewing a patient's chart who has bilateral ear pain. People are discussing politics behind me. The song 'wo humsufar tha' is playing in the background because even though it is Lincoln Hospital, there is another Pakistani doctor on call.
There is an empty iced coffee cup by my side. I finally figured out ice cold brew with sweet foam is my go-to drink.

And I'm wearing black scrubs with a red jacket. This is me from today evening when I was coming to work:
 
But I am not here. And you are ALIVE. You have consciousness.....
I would envy it if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment